Visitor counter

background

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trying to be creative

Although I said I would not post every day . . . I really thought I would be better than this - I was thinking at least once a week. There are blogs I read that post almost daily -- maybe I can find a happy medium in between.

I was waiting until I had pictures to post - I am not sure who will be reading this (if anyone) - but I think it will not be so boring and to keep a record my creative journey.

Plans are coming together for the Atlanta Sewing Guild Spring fling. I found the cutest fabric for lining the baskets. It has old McCall’s patterns printed on it. The baskets have the same colors on the sides – they are so cute!!!!












They were very easy to make and they turned out just right. . . what do ya' think?


I have made eight of them so everyone sitting at our table will get a basket filled with goodies. I made cute little tissue holders. I gave these as teacher christmas presents one year. They are incredibly easy and take about 3 minutes each to make . . . . and the fabric matches the colors in the McCall's fabric.
I also made my first ever wool felted project - the idea came from Fee Folk Art! (There are lots and lots of cool patterns there!) Each person at our table will get a wool felted coaster in their basket.
So all total each person will get a basket filled with a coaster, tissue holder, a travel sewing kit and some spring colored candy corn packaged in some spring colored netting. What do ya' think?



No comments:

Post a Comment