Visitor counter

background

Monday, February 1, 2010

The journey begins

This will be my third blog. I don’t think the first one really counts – it was for school. The second was all about our trip to Australia (see pic below). Which was way cool all by itself – but this one is for me and my creative journey. Just that and nothing more. You see my New Year’s resolution is all about learning new stuff – and learning to be more creative. I am without a doubt a left-brain person – very logical, I think in sequence, I am very rational, extremely analytical (can a person be too analytical? – oops there I go again thinking too much!) Hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to think out of order, be intuitive, subjective and think outside the box.


My first endeavor into being more creativity started in August ’09 when I joined a postcard exchange group – and I have been having a blast!!!! These are some cards I mailed in Feb. '10




I have gotten soooo many ideas from all of the cards I have received – and doing my ‘homework’(left brain thinking) for new cards has helped me use the ‘other’ part of my brain.

So then, to keep the creative juices flowing I decided to join the American Sewing Guild – Atlanta Chapter. Doesn’t that just have a nice ring to it? It sounds so old-fashioned . . . I wanted to find others who enjoy sewing and being creative. Boy did I hit the jackpot!!! Well, there is going to be a Spring Fling in Atlanta in April.
Our neighborhood chapter is decorating the tables. The folks in charge had the clever idea to use teapots as a ‘theme’- they brought several to the meeting and we were to choose one. We are to decorate a table for 8 using the teapot. Wow, I got Sister Debby to help – she came on board right away – with some of the neatest ideas. Stay tuned for the pics – it is going to be soooo cute . . . See the creative side is winning a little. this is our teapot . . .



My plan is to learn something new every month. I told Sister Debby this and she said it was a bit much. Well, I said – not completely new but -- for example I already know how to knit – but the only thing I have ever made is scarves. So my new project for January was knitting socks. I took a class at the neatest yarn shop in Woodstock (Ga.) Its called the Whole Nine Yards. The folks there are a very knowledge and talented bunch of ladies. Here is sock # 1 . . . .
For my first attempt, I think I did very well. I started sock #2 over the weekend. I hope to make many more – ok knitting and crocheting are creative . So I ordered some cool patterns from Sarah London. The series is called ‘Hip to Hook’. . . oops looks I will have to go back to the yarns store. I believe you can never have too much fabric or too much yarn . . .


More to come . . . I don't want to promise that I will blog every day . . . but stick around -- more creative stuff is coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment